Kinesiology in Wokingham
Kinesiology was developed by Chiropractor Dr George Goodheart in 1964 using simple muscle testing to identify strong and weak muscles. A muscle will test either strong or weak based on the nervous system control of the muscle, responding similar to a switch. In Systematic Kinesiology, when a weak muscle is identified, it is associated with the acupuncture meridians within the energy system.
Techniques to increase the strength of the body system include:
- holding neurovascular points on the head to increase blood flow
- massaging neuro-lymphatic points on the body to clear toxins through the body
- testing for nutritional support to strengthen the body
- reducing stress by holding emotional stress release points on the body
- providing structural fixes to improve posture and mobility
Recommendations will be made which will include suggested nutritional support, holding/ massaging points on the body as well as dietary and lifestyle changes to maintain balance in the body.
In a kinesiology session, the client remains fully clothed. The kinesiologist will place the client's arm or leg into a specific position applying light pressure against the muscle that is being tested while the client is asked to match the pressure. At no time should the client experience pain or discomfort with the testing.
Kinesiology is a relaxing, non-invasive therapy which encourages a sense of well-being. As such it may be helpful to those seeking relief from a range of minor symptoms and to ease emotional, physical or mental stress.
Kinesiology is a popular complementary therapy. It may restore the whole system to balance, facilitating the self-healing process. It can support in the following areas:
- IBS/ digestive issues through food sensitivity testing
- Digestive issues through valve correction and abdominal massage
- Balance hormones for PMT and menopausal symptoms, preparation for pregnancy
- Support skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne through testing skin products
- Checking nutritional deficiencies for general health or sports performance
- Checking for dehydration, protein and mineral deficiencies
- Improve posture through balancing the neck, jaw, vertebrae and sacrum structure
- Relieve physical pain and tension with pain release techniques
- Defuse stress and the causes of stress with emotional trauma techniques
- Enhance brain function and co-ordination for learning difficulties/ dyslexia
- Improve energy and feeling of well-being
Having practised kinesiology for over 10 years, I have supported clients with a variety of health problems. Many of the health conditions I support are subclinical and are often conditions which clients “put up with” on a daily and yearly basis. My aim with muscle testing is to find the “root cause” of the problem by testing the systems in priority.
Most commonly, I support clients with digestive issues with food sensitivity testing, support clients for fertility, hormonal issues, stress, structural/joint issues, skin conditions as well as clients in pain. I can also support clients with complex health conditions by balancing their systems and releasing stress from the body.
I am also passionate about delivering both the foundation and diploma courses in Kinesiology. The foundation course can be delivered on a one-to-one basis to support friends and family or to add muscles testing and techniques to additional qualifications. The diploma course is a continuation from the foundation level, qualifying you to become a practitioner.