Sports massage in Wokingham, Berkshire
Sports massage or soft tissue therapy is the scientific manipulation of soft tissue for injury prevention and therapeutic purposes involving the restoration to normal functional activity of the various structures of the body. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activities and to maintain it in optimal condition. Massage can be used in all the conditioning and training phases of sport: pre-, inter- and post-competition, and post travel. Sports Massage Therapists treat clients. Although sport can be a common factor with many of our clients, you do not need to be sporty to benefit from sports massage.
Sports massage therapy is not only for sports people; anyone can benefit from this type of therapy including people in physically demanding jobs, those with musculoskeletal pain or dysfunction caused by any of life's stresses and from all walks of life. Occupational, emotional and postural stress can produce many characteristics found in sports injuries.
There are many possible benefits from soft tissue therapy several of which are described in detail below but in short they include:
- Relieve muscle pain, spasm and correct muscle imbalance
- Deactivate trigger points
- Improve range of movement and flexibility
- Breakdown scar tissue and adhesions
- Improve muscle tone
- Improve posture and increase posture awareness
- Identify possible causes and help to prevent injury
- Speed up recovery and aid rehabilitation
- Promote relaxation and mental preparation
- Prevention and early detection of possible injury
- Can form part of a training programme designed to optimise performance
- Correct dysfunctional movement patterns
- Increase feeling of well-being
- Tension and stress relief
Our sports massage therapist
Carly is a fully qualified and experienced Level 4 Sports Massage Therapist with sport and exercise at the core of everything she does. Previously a personal trainer Carly is a very passionate and active sportswoman and has had her fair share of injuries!
Over the years she found sports massage a great way to alleviate pain and help prevent injury in the first place, so decided to qualify as a sports massage therapist so she could help others. Having originally qualified and worked in Dubai for a number of years Carly moved back to the UK in 2020 and provided her services to a number of chiropractic Clinics in and around the Wokingham area before setting up on her own.
If you have any questions about sports massage or would like to arrange an appointment, please contact Carly on 07960 440141.Schedule Appointment