Massage In Wokingham
Massage is one of the oldest forms of healing in the world.
We have a variety of massaging styles, from soft and relaxing to strong and deep. Ask one of our masseurs what style you would like when enquiring. Massage uses various oils, lotions or waxes. You can request what type you would like with your masseur before your appointment.
Massage can be used for a variety of reasons, including:
- Relaxing the whole body
- Loosening tight muscles
- Increasing flexibility and range of motion
- Relieving pain
- Calming the nervous system
- Lowering blood pressure
- Enhancing skin tone
- Assisting in recovery from injuries
- Strengthening the immune system
- Reducing headaches
- Reducing mental stress
- Promoting restful sleep
- Reducing anxiety
Deep Tissue Massage in Wokingham
Deep tissue massage (can also include trigger point therapy) is a very deep, slow massage treatment, focusing on chronic muscle tension and adhesions (knots) within the deepest levels of muscle tissue, ligaments and fascia. Deep tissue massage can be benefit many issues including:
- Trapped nerves (eg. sciatica, piriformis syndrome)
- Chronic pain
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Repetitive strain injury (eg. carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Muscle tension (eg. glutes, hamstrings, IT band, legs, upper back)
- Injury recovery (eg. whiplash)
- Tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, runners knee, etc.
Sports Massage In Wokingham
Sports massage or soft tissue therapy is the scientific manipulation of soft tissue for injury prevention and therapeutic purposes involving the restoration to normal functional activity of the various structures of the body. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activities and to maintain it in optimal condition. Massage can be used in all the conditioning and training phases of sport: pre-, inter- and post-competition, and post travel. Sports Massage Therapists treat clients. Although sport can be a common factor with many of our clients, you do not need to be sporty to benefit from sports massage.
Sports massage therapy is not only for sports people; anyone can benefit from this type of therapy including people in physically demanding jobs, those with musculoskeletal pain or dysfunction caused by any of life’s stresses and from all walks of life. Occupational, emotional and postural stress can produce many characteristics found in sports injuries.
There are many possible benefits from soft tissue therapy several of which are described in detail below but in short they include:
- Relieve muscle pain, spasm and correct muscle imbalance
- Deactivate trigger points
- Improve range of movement and flexibility
- Breakdown scar tissue and adhesions
- Improve muscle tone
- Improve posture and increase posture awareness
- Identify possible causes and help to prevent injury
- Speed up recovery and aid rehabilitation
- Promote relaxation and mental preparation
- Prevention and early detection of possible injury
- Can form part of a training programme designed to optimise performance
- Correct dysfunctional movement patterns
- Increase feeling of well-being
- Tension and stress relief
I am a qualified massage therapist with over 11 years of experience practicing both in the UK and abroad. I specialise in deep tissue, sports and remedial massage. My training and qualifications, combined with years of experience, give me the ability to provide unique massage treatments appropriate to each client’s individual needs. I have a strong understanding of the importance of health and wellbeing and firmly believe in the importance of maintaining a healthy mind, body and spirit.
If you have any questions about the deep tissue massage or would like to arrange an appointment, please contact Jacqui on 07790 524 298 or visit her website.
Laura Gilbert OSSM Dip MISRM
I am a fully qualified massage therapist specialising in deep tissue and sports massage. I trained at the prestigious Oxford School of Sports Massage where I qualified with a BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage. Sports massage is not only for sports people; anyone can benefit from this type of therapy including people in physically demanding jobs, those with musculoskeletal pain or dysfunction caused by any of life's stresses and from all walks of life. Occupational, emotional and postural stress can produce many characteristics found in sports injuries. My training and experience have provided me with the ability to tailor each treatment to the individual and their specific needs.
I also offer taping and strapping:
- Taping for joint stability on all major joints - ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand
- Taping for injury support during the rehabilitation phase
- Acute injury management utilising compression
- Management of specific problems such as ligament injuries, joint sprains, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis and patellofemoral pain
If you would like to find out more about deep tissue or sports massage or taping and strapping or to arrange an appointment, please contact Laura on 07766 660242 or visit her website.