Physiotherapy Treatment in Wokingham
Physiotherapy is a science-based profession that takes a whole person approach to health and wellbeing.
It helps with pain management and restores function and movement when a person is affected by injury, illness or disability.
Physiotherapy treatment can also be utilised in maintaining good health and preventing injury in the future.
How can physiotherapy help you?
At Wokingham therapy clinic we provide you with a treatment plan to treat the root cause of your health problem. We specialise in a range of musculoskeletal conditions, from acute sporting injuries to long-term chronic pain conditions to make you feel comfortable within your own body again.
What can physiotherapy treat?
Our manual therapy can help with:
- Acute sporting injuries involving bone, muscle, ligament or tendon e.g. ankle sprain
- Chronic joint conditions e.g. osteoarthritis
- Muscle strains, tightness, weakness or imbalances
- Tendon and ligament sprains
- Overuse injuries e.g. tennis elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Acute and chronic neck pain
- General aches and pains
- Shoulder pain
- Headaches arising from neck
- Post operative pain
What to expect during your treatment
On your initial visit your physiotherapist will carry out a detailed initial assessment and treatment plan. Your physiotherapist will then explain your diagnosis and go through treatment options based on the latest research. Where appropriate your physiotherapist will refer you to other healthcare professionals from within the clinic. New appointments last for around 45 minutes and follow ups last for around 30 minutes.
Treatment options include:
- Personalised exercise prescription
- Advice regarding management of inflammation and pain during acute phase of injury
- Joint mobilisations for all joints including the spine
- Soft tissue techniques including massage, ligaments transverse frictions and myofascial trigger point release
- Muscle energy techniques
- Neural mobilisations
- Kinesiology taping
- Postural correction advice
- Biomechanial, gait analysis and advice
Physiotherapist in Wokingham
Ken Denford, BSc (hons) MCSP, HCPC, AACP registered
Ken is a compassionate physiotherapist dedicated to achieving superior patient outcomes. After qualifying as a Chartered Physiotherapist from Brunel University, he continued to develop his clinical knowledge through clinical practice and embarking on several continued professional development courses.
Ken has completed several post-graduate courses including orthopaedic massage, orthopaedic assessment, muscle energy techniques, neural mobilisations and kinesiology taping.
Ken attained several sporting achievements including being nominated best boxer twice and the British Army’s 800 meters major teams champion.
Ken currently combines his work at the Wokingham Therapy Clinic with part-time physiotherapy clinic within the NHS where he treats both patients and NHS staff via occupational health.
To arrange an appointment with Ken, contact him via Empire Physiotherapy on 07856 363 491.