Massage is a wonderful way to help you relax while pregnant. It gives you "me" time and is the perfect opportunity to let go and release any tension.
Pregnancy massage supports the body through the many changes during those 9 months. While you drift away on a lovely soft fluffy cloud of relaxation, I'll work on those aches and pains, helping you feel more comfortable, calm and relaxed.
The benefits of pregnancy massage are:
- Relieves back ache
- Helps to release tension in your shoulders/neck
- Can greatly reduce swelling in legs, hands & feet
- Improves circulation
- Relieves muscle cramps
- Helps relieve sciatica
- Helps release feel good hormones
- Baby benefits from the relaxation and hormones released
- Can help reduce labour duration
You will be lying either in a side-lying position, semi-reclined or seated position, depending on which stage of pregnancy you're in, and the treatment required.
We use neutral oils so that there's no worry of strong smells (we know how much pregnancy can alter those senses!).
Laura Gilbert OSSM Dip MISRM
I am a fully qualified massage therapist specialising in deep tissue and sports massage. I trained at the prestigious Oxford School of Sports Massage where I qualified with a BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage. Sports massage is not only for sports people; anyone can benefit from this type of therapy including people in physically demanding jobs, those with musculoskeletal pain or dysfunction caused by any of life's stresses and from all walks of life. Occupational, emotional and postural stress can produce many characteristics found in sports injuries. My training and experience have provided me with the ability to tailor each treatment to the individual and their specific needs.
I also offer taping and strapping:
- Taping for joint stability on all major joints - ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand
- Taping for injury support during the rehabilitation phase
- Acute injury management utilising compression
- Management of specific problems such as ligament injuries, joint sprains, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis and patellofemoral pain
If you would like to find out more about deep tissue or sports massage or taping and strapping or to arrange an appointment, please contact Laura on 07766 660242 or visit her website.